Are you are aged 14-19 and interested in one or more of the above? Then we would love you to apply for the Rose Collective 2020 programme!
The Rose Collective is a fully-funded and exciting opportunity for ten young people, with a range of interests, to form a new small-scale theatre company based at the Rose Theatre in 2020. As part of the Collective you will;
- Learn how to operate as part of a theatre company
- Work directly with experts from the Theatre industry
- Have weekly sessions to explore the theatre, train in different areas
- Experiment with your ideas and develop your skills in a safe space
- Run events for other young people to attend
- Create a production or event, open to the public in Summer 2020
We are eager for each member of The Collective to bring a unique perspective and skillset. With this in mind, you do not need to be a performer to apply. Instead you need an interest or passion in one or more of the areas listed above and an open mind to explore the other areas.
Whilst we welcome applications from anyone to the Rose Collective, priority will be given to those facing financial hardship or who are currently underrepresented at the theatre.
Applications are open now and close at midnight on Sunday 5 January 2020. If we’ve caught your eye and your keen to know more, we’d love to hear from you!
If you are unsuccessful in your application, there are a number of other opportunities in Rose Youth Theatre for which there are bursaries available. For more information on our Rose Youth Theatre courses, please see here.
Please send us a 250-word statement in the form below answering the the following questions. We are very happy to accept your statement as a 1 minute film or audio clip.
- Why would you like to join the Collective 2020? How would it benefit you?
- Which part of the Theatre are you most interested in?
- Which part of the Theatre would you like to explore further?
- If you could create anything within the theatre, what would you make?
Please also complete the Equal Opportunities section of the form below.
To apply, please submit your statement and equal opportunities via the form below.